Tuesday, May 26, 2009

LEARNING FOREX THE EASY WAY...

If you just begin your journey into the forex world, welcome and congratulation.

I have coached a few of my colleagues personally on how to become a profitable trader and it is sort of satisfaction to see that they could grab the subject quite easily from the lessons that I taught them.

Nevertheless, I am still learning on my own as learning forex is indeed a journey, something that you have to keep on doing in order to become a better trader each day. When I started, I hardly had a mentor of my own, so my learning is mainly base on the books that I read and the experience that I gained personally throughout the years, especially losing experience.

Above all, it is finding the best ways to trade that keep me amused on learning deeper and and deeper into the subject, while making (and losing) good money along the way.

The question is, is there an easy way for anybody to quickly learn the trading skills and becoming a profitable trader in shorter period of time?

I believe the answer is... NO.

But... if you got it right, the time and money spent could be well worth it. What I meant here is, if happen to be you find the right person to teach you apart from your own effort in mastering the art of trading, then surely there is a shorter and smarter way in enhancing your trading skills.

To make things short, if say you just started your forex adventures today, consider to do the things that I listed below in order to start your journey in becoming the top 10% of traders in the world. Well, at least that was my vision last time... and still is...

1. Read. Most new traders hardly adhere to this simple rule eventhough the fact is, there is no better way to gain knowledge other than reading. Online lessons could be found from babypips.com.

2. Do. Download any demo trading platform from broker of your choice and play around with them. Once you are familiar with the operation, get more serious by recording every single trade that you make. Treat the virtual money like your own money. Assess your performance base on pips gained against pips lost for the day, week and month.

3. Learn & Ask. Find someone who is already there for years. The longer the better, but make sure you filter what you learn accordingly. Not everything said by these so-called gurus are true.

4. Don't. Buy any so-called Expert Advisor (EA) or trading robots when you just started. Why? because you may end up spending more money on buying robots rather than learning to trade on your own.

5. Find. A system that is proven to be profitable. You may buy it or most of the time, you could get it free from various forums online. Try it on demo first. Trade with the system and back test if possible. If it can make money from your demo, it can make money for your real account.

6. Start & Play Small. Once you register a live account, I would not advise anyone to deposit more than USD1000. With various online brokers that offers awesome leverage and small deposit to start, it is the best way to start your adventure. There is no point in starting big and lose it all...

7. Control. Yourself! It is exciting indeed especially if you got it right in the first few trades. Once you experience the losing trades, then the real you will emerge. Remember this, in trading... you are your own worse enemy, not the market.

I guess that covers all the fundamentals as a start. Digest these 7 items and take it seriously. Chances are you will make less mistakes than I did.

All the best to your trading...

p/s: I'm doing great these last 3 weeks by trading defensively. Over 300 pips nett weekly with lesser and lesser losing trades. Syukurrr !

No comments:

Post a Comment