Wednesday, August 5, 2009

JUST BE THERE WHEN IT HAPPENS...


Looking at the market rally on last Friday and yesterday gave me an insight that market will move when the time comes. You just have to wait and stay patience as sooner or later it will happen. You need to believe and wait.

Nevertheless, myself to be considered unfortunate enough, I was away from my trading station on both occasions with Friday on the way to KL and Monday outing for bowling training.

You see, I have been waiting for such mega breakouts for weeks and when it finally happened, I wasn't there to participate. Should I call it pity or simply plain unlucky?

The thing with junior traders like me and perhaps most of you out there, we all like to chase the market from day to day, hoping for miracle things to happen when it actually not happening. We buy at the top and sell at the bottom.

We always do the wrong thing and seldom do the right things, what most professional traders do. We waste a lot of money guessing and trying to outsmart the market, putting unrealistic hopes and going against a clear trend as we do not want to be among the 90% traders who lose money.

But in the end, we still lose our money. Why?

I guess this is the reason why ---> We spend too much time getting into the market without proper insights and planning on what is happening. By the time the big move actually happen, we are already out of the game.

The heat of forex game is simply interesting but killing. At times, I must admit that I did throw my little mouse over the keyboard as a sign of dissapointment and frustration especially when I got it wrong on a losing streak.

Anyway, personally I learn a lot about myself from this trading game.

It teaches me to be humble, patience and what discipline is all about. I believe the secrets of successful trading really lies within oneself.

If you know how to operate yourself dilligently and proficiently, chances are you will survive and prosper in this interesting market, where trillions of dollars are changing hands each day.

Most people could talk and teach the techniques of forex trading. But when it comes to the battlefield, when rubber meets the roads, then it is NOT EASY indeed. Imagine yourself sailing on the open sea with perfect storm coming on your way.

Quick decision is deemed important. If you make a wrong choice, do not talk about profit as survival is a more accurate subject to be discussed.

Hence, the keyword today for my trading is OBSERVE. One must learn to observe and do nothing in order to read the market with precision. Money management is important for sure, but getting in and out correctly at least 50% of the time is vital for your prosperity as well.

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment