Thursday, June 17, 2010

100 PIPS IS NOTHING with GBP/JPY...

I entered long for the GBP/JPY tonight @ 9.15pm local time (9.15am US Time) at 135.12 looking at the daily candlesticks, 4 hours, 1 hour as well as 15 Minutes. Everything was right for me to go long on this pair base on the technical setup.

You knew what happened?

In less than 1 hour, my 100 pips stop loss was hit just like that. I mean JUST LIKE THAT.

Come on, give me some mercy Mr Market. You were so cruel... I didn't trade for the whole day and I thought this could be the perfect one for me to hold on at least until tomorrow morning.

But no way guys... the market never listen and this has always been the case. I was spit, bitten and killed without any mercy.

This is a perfect example on how cruel the market could be. I see no reason for me to go short but then all of sudden, going short was the perfect choice indeed, or perhaps staying out was even better. But how can anyone tell?

Yes it is true that trading is no easy. In the long run, it's all about having a good risk management that will determine whether you will prosper, survive or otherwise.

Just like playing golf, I believe if you could play the game with a breakeven score (ie. 0) is better rather than losing it on double or triple bogey on each hole. But this one is really a BIG HOLE to lose with just one trade being hit at -100 pips in less than an hour... phhewww...

Well this is not the first time though... The fastest one was in 5 minutes 2 years ago (with GBP/USD pair) when I lost 100 pips as well on a single trade... no news no nothing but then all of sudden the market turned the other way which was highly deceiving... without patience, I believed I would have broken my LCD display already... ;)

Remember guys... the market has NO MERCY on your account...

That's all that I want to share...

1 comment:

  1. To save yourself from such a "mean" actions, put a SSD (Stoch oscillator can do the work) at 6,5,4 and watch it on the bigger timeframes i.e. H1 H4 and Daily :)

    ReplyDelete