Sunday, November 22, 2009

STAY CAUTIOUS ON WEEKS AHEAD...


Though I personally insists on taking action on my 100th post, still being cautious will do more good than harm to your account.

From simple perspective as a trader, we hardly care, or maybe we don't care at all, on which is which since as long as we are riding the right trade and make profit, we're good. Yup, that's it... and I believe this is what Soros has in mind when he got the title of "the man who broke the Bank of England" back in September 1992, making USD1.1billion in the process.

If he were to care about England's welfare or Asia countries in 1997 when he launched another pack of currency attacks, then he wouldn't do what he did as a speculator.

Anyway, back to the caution topic, if you look at technical and fundamental analysis' across the boards, most of them are saying that range-bound is likely on weeks ahead as the strength of bulls and bears are at equal stage.

One thing that we as retail traders must be aware of is that those reports are reported base on something that has happened and is happening. Hardly anything on the potential future movements.

So, my key point here is - engage safety at all times and do trade base on what you see rather than what you wish to see. Breakeven the position if you wish to swing for days or weeks ahead... so that we can call it risk free. If you're wrong, or feel wrong... re-assess and decide.

Why am I telling this? This is because if you refer to wikipedia written about George Soros...

He ascribes his own success to being able to recognize when his predictions are wrong.

I'm only rich because I know when I'm wrong... I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes. I very often used to get backaches due to the fact that I was wrong. Whenever you are wrong you have to fight or [take] flight. When [I] make the decision, the backache goes away.[20]

Have a profitable week ahead... ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment