Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TOO SOON TO CALL IT A DAY... ?

I went to Sunway Pyramid last Thursday watching the singles game (bowling) among all the competing contingents during our company's yearly sport's carnival.

Proud to say, the team managed to retain their championship title.... CONGRATULATIONS!

Though I wasn't part of the team this year, but I can still feel the excitement watching my buddies fighting for their championship. They didn't win million dollars but the feeling of satisfaction is beyond explaination.

The fighting spirits were awesome and kudos to all the players who fought hard for the game.

Not forgetting my colleagues from Gas Team who got 1st & 2nd for the Singles with average beyond 220 pinfalls from 10 games. Superb I call it... and they thoroughly deserved their wins.

But, looking back at the game and myself, I feel like my desire to play is still there in the game. I guess I should make a comeback and give it another shot and see how far can I go.

Of all my targets in Bowling, there is only one left that hasn't been achieved yet... which is to win the Graded Tournaments with prizes of RM5000 and beyond. It is not really about the money though, it is about the feeling of you being able to beat the KL and other states established players that counts.

Can I achieve it?

Well, even if I make a comeback, there is definitely certain areas of my game that needs further improvement or else I will maintain the same level like before, or even worse.

We'll see...

p/s: I really miss the competitive spirit during big tournaments...

No comments:

Post a Comment