Monday, December 14, 2009

BE HUMBLE GUYS...




I happened to discover that there are just too many people around me who seems busy and trying hard to tell people how superior they are, though the fact is clearly otherwise.

The thing is, I do love to get around and be around wonderful people who are skilfull, knowledgable and experience in what they are doing. The more good people we know the better we become, especially if we have the chance to learn from their experience.

Nevertheless, unlike these people, the common trait that I used to discover with people or persons who are really good is:

THEY ARE EXCEPTIONALLY HUMBLE...

They never tell people that they are good. Instead they simply demonstrate their goodness, competencies and skills via their actions and results. Normally they are down to earth type, never humiliate anybody and always treat people with respect regardless of who they are. To certain extent, some may perceived that they are weak though the fact is they are laying low beneath their actual strength.

Well, though I knew the fact that this writing would probably not going to change anyone, I am just sharing my thoughts on dealing with these "they thought they are good" type of people...

Still remember one of the golden advice from my former BM Teacher in Victoria Institution, Datin Maimun. She always reminded me that "if you want to be the best, never ever think that you are the best... just do your best" (ie kalau nak jadi yang terbaik, jgn sekali kali fikir kita ni yang terbaik... usaha sahaja)....

Hmmm... I guess after 15 years of leaving my secondary education in VI, I believe that is one of the best advice I had ever received.

Yeah sure you can be good and arrogant, but what do you get by doing that? People may curse you, they are hypocrite upon you and probably God won't bless you either. Just think about it.
  • Being humble doesn't make you weak.
  • Being nice doesn't mean you are not firm.
  • Being considerate doesn't mean that you are not strict.
These are all poor perception and beliefs for those who are stucked-up with their limited knowledge and experience.

Guys, why not take a step behind and look back into yourself and define what you want in life.

To me, who you are in this world is hardly meaningful to anyone else but you. So, my point is... there is no point of being snobbish, stuck up and arrogant (ie. keturunan syok sendiri dan perasan best) because you get nothing from it.

Be strong in terms of who you are from the inside is much more important than what you want people to perceive you from the outside. Just remember, quality speaks for itself... you don't have to tell people that you're good coz if you're good, even a 5 year old kid can tell.

Belows are some of the most successful people that I personally knew are humble but with dragon hearts inside. I believe if you plan to become arrogant and/or snobbish, you must at least achieve a step higher than these humble Dato's, Tan Sri's and Tun's... Otherwise, you don't deserve to be haughty with your limited achievement...

Just to name a few... you think you knew these faces? Trust me... They are exceptionally humble...









TAN SRI DATO SRI MOHD HASSAN MARICAN


















TUN DR MAHATHIR MOHAMAD - OUR FORMER PRIME MINISTER

NOW WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME THAT REAL SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE MOSTLY (IF NOT ALL) HUMBLE?
SO IF YOU'RE NOT HUMBLE, CHANCES ARE YOU ARE NOT REALLY SUCCESSFUL...
:))

No comments:

Post a Comment